Saturday 1 November 2014

ROCKWATCH COMPETITION!

I was so excited to win first prize in the Rockwatch competition for a video I made on rocks and fossils. Here is a link to my video which I put on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/BvyO-UKK148



I went to London to the offices of the big mining company Anglo American to collect my prize which was a cheque for £100! I met lots of other children who are interested in Geology including a girl called Eloise. She won second prize for a video she made about trilobites. A geologist gave a talk and I asked a question and won a special geologist's magnifying glass.

We also went to the Tower of London to see the thousands of poppies that were put there to commemorate the First World War.

I was super excited to see my picture in the Rockwatch magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment