Sunday 29 September 2013

MICROSCOPE

I am very excited to have my new microscope. It is amazing to see things really closely. These are the things I have examined so far:

PLANT CELLS
I have looked at the skin of an onion and seen the CELLS. Inside each cell is a NUCLEUS.

CREATURES
You have to cut the things you see under a microscope really really small and they have to be a bit see through. I found a wasp and cut a tiny piece of its wing off and looked at it. Ed brought us a sample of pond water from his pond. We saw some little tiny creatures scooting about under the microscope. We couldn't see them when we just looked with our eyes. Amaaaaazzzzing!


CRYSTALS

I also looked at CRYSTALS. I love crystals and like finding them on the ground. Under my microscope I looked at two different types of sand, salt crystals and sand crystals. I could see the flat and square shapes of the crystals.

Me collecting sand samples


No comments:

Post a Comment